Croeso & Welcome
Green Lane Burial Field
Set amid beautiful scenery in the heart of the Mid-Wales countryside, this green burial field provides an eco friendly alternative funeral choice to cremation. Bordered by woodland this is one of the most attractive natural burial grounds in the country. With magnificent views over the Severn valley this peaceful meadow provides an idyllic place for environmentally friendly burials for people of any faith. Part of a family run farm, opened in 2004 Green Lane is proud to be the first privately owned and managed green burial site in Wales. Find us also in the latest edition of the Natural Death Handbook available via the Natural Death Centre
Member of the Association of Natural Burial Grounds - http://www.naturaldeath.org.uk/index.php?page=the-anbg
Winner of people's award for the Best Natural Burial Ground in Wales 2021 & Regional runner up in in 2023 & 2024 Also Runner up in Best Natural Burial Ground in West Britain 2017 (Based on family feedback forms)
GREEN BURIAL WHAT IS IT?
Green burial, also known as Natural burial or Woodland burial is a rapidly growing alternative funeral choice to cremation, with over 270 sites being developed nationwide since 1994.
- PROVIDES A MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY BURIAL OPTION THAN CREMATION- which creates air pollution whilst using up precious fossil fuels.
- Welcomes followers of all religions or none. As well as those seeking a spiritual alternative
- Allows greater choice and participation for family and friends. Helping those involved come to terms with the grieving process more fully.
- They are an alternative to 'production line' funerals and encourage a wider choice of ceremony
- Designed to blend in with the surroundings and so alleviate any grave maintenance.
- AS NATURE INTENDED - NO HEADSTONES, WREATHS OR PLASTIC FLOWERS